Community, Academic, Arts (Visual/Performing) and Sporting Excellence
For Students in Year 7 2018
The Scholarships primary function is to support new students in attending St James LC. Scholarships may be awarded to existing St James LC students at the discretion of the Scholarship Review Panel and the Principal.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and take the form of a whole or a partial rebate of a student’s tuition fees. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application. Please provide photocopies (not originals) of all reports as files of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after the scholarship process has been finalised.
Application for Admission to St James Lutheran College
In order to be considered for a scholarship, students who have not yet enrolled at SJLC will also need to lodge an Application for Admission form including:
• A copy of the student’s birth certificate/passport
• A copy of the student’s last two year’s school reports
• $50.00 application fee at the time of scholarship offer
Packages are available via the College website.
The awarding of scholarships takes into account school reports and supporting documentation. The decision of the Principal in respect of awarding all scholarships shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
College expectations for all recipients of scholarships are that the successful applicants will:
- Be prepared to display a high standard of conduct in all areas and represent the College in a positive manner. This includes personal presentation and the wearing of the College uniform as required.
- Be prepared to be an ambassador of the College
- Be prepared to commit to the College ethos and be supportive of the total life of the College
- Be prepared to commit to the College academic, sporting and/or arts program
- Undergo a 12 month review
Applications can either be hand delivered or mailed to:
St James Lutheran College
PO Box 1230
(138-172 Pantlins Lane) URRAWEEN QLD 4655